Expert Citizens are an independent group of people who have all experienced multiple needs – combinations of mental ill health, homelessness, addiction and offending behaviour. We all have powerful stories to tell, and we use our unique skills and experiences to be a voice for others. We give our ideas to services of Stoke-on-Trent and nationally to help guide and shape them to improve the care of multiple needs citizens. We act as a support network for each other and engage in team building and promote healthy lifestyles.
We use our voice to raise awareness of multiple needs, reduce stigma, and challenge stereotypes. As ambassadors of lived experience, we encourage decision-makers to listen, learn, and then lead systems change in local services to make them even better.
- Phil Parkes- Expert Citizens #APLEMonth2021
- Reflections from our participatory webinar- Phil Parkes
- Phil Parkes- A reflection on being an APLE member in 2020. (Expert Citizens)
- What does poverty mean to me?- By Phil Parkes #IDEP2020 (Expert Citizens)
- A Personal Reflection on The digital divide and how it affects us all (Expert Citizens)
For more information on Expert citizens, visit their website on: