APLE Month- June 2021!
- 9Virtual Launch of Cats on the Run12:30 pm - 2:30 pmJoin RAPAR’s virtual live-stream of the launch of ‘Cats on the Run’, an engaging project featuring films & art produced during COVID-19.
- 10Empathy Day 2021All Day
From the Empathy Lab website,
Make sure you put 10 June 2021 in your diary – it’s Empathy Day!
We aim to spark a new national conversation about building a more empathetic society, and help young people learn more about empathy and put it into practice.
The pandemic and Black Lives Matter
- 14Stories of Hope – Finding Asylum1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
The Poverty Truth launch of ‘Stories for Hope’ – a collaboration of stories from within the asylum process.
About this event
Stories from within the asylum system have long been shared within The Poverty Truth Community.
This new graphic booklet has been collated by Community Members to shar, ...
- 15Universal Library Offer virtual seminar- Libraries Connected10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Libraries Connected will be holding a Universal Library Offer Seminar online on Tuesday 15 June.
The day will focus on our four Universal Library Offer themes and aims to inspire you by offering practical ideas that can easily be put into practice. The event is aimed at mid-level library managers and development staff, ...
- 23Socially Distanced Activism: Book Launch5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
How would your experience of the COVID-19 pandemic have been different if you had no access to the internet?
The APLE Collective – a group seeking to eradicate poverty – rooted their pandemic activism in expertise held by those with lived experience of poverty. This resulted in the decision to campaign against t , ...